Wednesday, July 15, 2009

CliffsNotes: Matt's Latest Blog on Moving

I can't seem to write a decent blog to save my life these days, so here's the CliffsNotes version of part of what I had intended on writing:

1. I have started browsing for cheap used cars in Minnesota via sites like craigslist.com. Acquiring one would mean quicker and easier access to employment and therefore speeding up the process of getting myself into an ideal living situation. (read: rented place with a roommate/roommates. Separate bedrooms, naturally)

1-A. Speaking of an ideal living situation, If anyone knows of a place that I can stay at for minimal rent for a month (MAYBE two) while I job hunt- that information would be much appreciated.

2. A major setback in the moving process would be the literal moving part. I have stuff out here that just wouldn't be practical sending out via UPS like I did when I moved out here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3. I would love love LOVE to be back permanently by Christmas, but its too early for a promised time-frame. Also, I'm 90% sure that moving back that soon would require any help that anyone is willing to offer.

4. I know it sounds lame- but canceling my Beatles RockBand reservation is going to be a tough thing to do. If I don't get it before I move- it's probably not happening for AT LEAST a year. However- I'd rather be back in Minnesota than play a game, so I'll be canceling it the next time I go to FYE (the store it's reserved at).

5. Vinyl purchases will be a rarity from here on out. My trip to Minnesota was always meant to be my last major vinyl blitz.

6. I miss all of you guys back in Minnesota a ton and I'll keep you all posted on everything thats happening regarding my return home.

3 comments:

Bougey said...

Hey matt, my sister is driving here next weekish 19th? to come stay for a couple weeks. Maybe she could bring a couple non gigantic items for you... Let me know. AND for garsh sakes! Come see me!!! (i can help you find a car)

Anonymous said...

I know it sounds lame, but I could probably convince my folks to let you stay here for minimal rent. With my rooms empty (and all my random shit just sitting here), and my dad having been out of work for so long (though now he's started a new job, so fingers crossed), even a small source of income, for a month or two if that, would probably be very welcome for them. Plus, you've seen my rooms. And with all this shit here, the stereo, the tv, the satellite, the wi-fi, all paid for, not to mention I'll probably be leaving my videogames at home as well, plus with my drums out of the way there would be plenty of room for boxes and things, and a kitchen and washer/dryer access for no extra charge, your own bathroom, I mean, I could go on. You couldn't beat it, and it would be a wonderful transition space. Just saying.

Mostly, I just want to be in the same state as you again.

Matthew Bahn said...

Brian - Its a little late for me to respond now, but I'm not ready to send stuff out anyway. I want to at least have an idea of when I'LL be moving before I do any moving of stuff.

We may need to talk about a car though. Anything that can last me at least a little bit (winter conditions and all) for under $1000 is ideal.


Christian - I may have to take you up on that. If I can get that sorted out, then all I would need to move back is a way to get my stuff moved out there and a car. A job, a place to live, and a roommate(s) will be the things I'll be looking for pre-move, but the lack of those things wont be something that will hinder my plans. I'll be working hard at those once I'm back.

Post a Comment